APEDF Promotions and Sales Coordinator
St. Louis, MO
CONTACT: Ticharwa Masimba 314-380-8016
The APEDF Promotions and Sales Coordinator will market and coordinate community rentals of the Akwaaba Hall at the St. Louis, MO Uhuru House and promote all APEDF local programs. The APEDF Promotions and Sales Coordinator will help develop Akwaaba Hall as a central hub of dynamic African political, economic and cultural activities and self-sufficiency. Summary of Duties and Qualifications:
- Actively solicit community members, organizations, artists, teachers, and others to rent the Uhuru House facilities for cultural, educational and political events and classes.
- Implement promotions and marketing plan that results in rentals of Akwaaba Hall and other facilities to fill the annual calendar.
- Design and distribute promotional literature.
- Promote facilities and programs through monthly online and printed calendar, print media, internet postings, social media, regular HTML email announcements, website, blog, signs, community outreach and other methods.
- Respond to inquiries on building rentals; show space to interested parties, give rental quotes, get contracts signed. Receive, record and secure incoming rental payments. Maintain database of building renters and inquiries.
- Assist with APEDF community programs as determined by the Director, including programs such as Marketplaces for vendors, Halloween Haunted House & Fall Festival, Health Fair, Book Fair.
- Solicit businesses and individuals for inkind donations, sponsorships and advertising to build self- sufficiency of programs.
- Maintain online photo storage and portfolio album of rental and other events. Ensure all events are photographed for promotional use.
- Assist with recruitment and supervision of volunteers to carry out community programs and other APEDF program work.
- Assist with general Staff Assistant and Receptionist office duties as needed for APEDF offices and staff, including receiving telephone calls and messages, distributing mail and greeting visitors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics: Agreement with the mission statement and policies of APEDF. Passionate about social justice and economic development for the African community. Skill in oral communication and effective interpersonal relationships in one-on-one and group situations. Knowledge of the principles and concepts of customer service. Skill in written communications. Skill in supervising and developing volunteers. Knowledge of telephone operations and call handling procedures. Knowledge of social media, blogs, google docs, flickr photo storage and other online promotional tools.
Physical Requirements: Work may involve light to moderate lifting.
Qualifications: Prefer an Associates Degree or higher, or the equivalent. Prefer two years related experience in marketing, social networking and sales. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Google docs.
TO APPLY: See the complete job description at www.APEDF.org. All applicants will be required to complete an APEDF employment application. Please call APEDF office, 4101 W. Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63115. For more information, call 727-380-8016 or email email@example.com.